Blog Archive

Sunday, October 18, 2020

Happy Birthday to Me!

 I'm 49.  Feels good.  I invited several friends on a hike in Kannaraville.  It was heavenly.  I met a new girl in the ward who is the oldest of 4 brothers and we totally hit it off.  My friend Shannon took me to lunch and shopping in Cedar City and we had a wonderful time talking and the most delicious pizza and salad.  That afternoon I went thrift store shopping with mom and Dad, Cooper and Jes sent me flowers, Eliza called, Wilson texted and Tony got Mad Pita for dinner.  He even sacrificed a BYU game to take me to a terrible play  called "The Man with Pointed Toes."  We enjoyed lots of birthday pumpkin pie and neighbors and friends remembered me all weekend.  I love birthdays.  It's so delightful to still be alive and compared to the trauma of last year's birthday, it was a great weekend overall.  

No comments: