Blog Archive

Sunday, February 5, 2017

La Professora

My Spanish can best be described as abysmal.  I am barely conversational and say more things wrong than I say right.  So when our school needed someone to help teach the high school Spanish course, I'm not sure why I felt I should step up.  To review, I barely speak Spanish, I have no formal training and no credentialing.  On paper I am entirely unqualified.  What I have to offer however, is a willing heart, energy and preparation, and love for the students.  Interestingly, these qualities qualify my for the job.  In addition, as I put my effort into this role, I am changing, improving and learning.  I am becoming more fluent in Spanish as I participate in the process.

This is a great analogy for life.  We are all unqualified for eternal life with God.  We have no credentialing, no training and we do more things wrong than right.  But God doesn't need credentialing, formal training or perfection to prove worthiness.  He requires our willing heart, hard work and love of others.  With those qualities, he changes us.  We become fluent in God's language and become more like Him.

I am unqualified to teach Spanish on paper.  I am unqualified for eternal life on paper.  But my heart is willing in both areas.  So I make mistakes, learn the right way and try again.  I love the people I teach.  I am qualified by the Lords standards and in the process I become authentic.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: