Blog Archive

Sunday, May 5, 2013

stock show 2013

Stock Show is the St John family reunion weekend I've come to love.  Tony loves celebrating his birthday this weekend so he can have an excuse to eat a lot of cook shack burgers and homemade pie.  He bought himself a longboard for his birthday and after several scoldings from his nurses, can be seen riding his board to work WITH a helmet.  The two big boys marched in the parade as "The Village People"  blasting out "YMCA".  Everyone else gathered gallon sized bags of candy which I threw away as soon as we got home.  Despite my best efforts of preparation, the youth arts and crafts section did not go seamlessly and I have many ruffled feathers to smooth now that I am home. Still I had success in involving several women who haven't been involved before and that's really what matters.

Wilson and Cooper are both doing great in Track and seem to be enjoying themselves.  Wilson competes in Districts next week and is hoping to qualify for the State track meet throwing the Javelin.   I got in HUGE trouble the other day for writing the words, "Good Luck Wilson--Love Mom" on his sack lunch.  It not only earned jeers from his peers, but an extra mile to run when his coach was able to easily identify who hadn't thrown away their trash.

The weather this weekend was beautiful.  I was brought to tears on Saturday as I sat on the patio, listening to the Beach Boys and watching all the neighborhood jumping on the wet trampoline in their swimming suits.  It was a golden moment and I can't wait for summer.






No comments: