Blog Archive

Monday, February 25, 2013

Mouse poop

We have a major mouse problem without Sophie the cat around. We've had it for at least a month. I know it is there, but I'm too grossed out to face it. A few times I have done a cursory wipe down in a few of the most obvious places, but I've been living in some pretty deep denial of the situation. Today, Marcos and I finally pulled out the pots and pans and faced the poop. I scrubbed the cupboards and he vacuumed it all away. It was gross work. I discovered a mouse nest in a lunch box and promptly tossed the whole thing. I put out poison and washed everything with hot soapy water. I talked to Audrey for advice on how to prevent the problem again and most importantly I called our local vet for a new cat.

To my children's eminent horror, the "parable of the mouse poop" has been developing all afternoon. My mouse problem is so like sin. I know it is there and it disgusts me. I ignore it and repent of only the parts that are visible to others but the problem is still there. It isn't until I pull everything out in the open (full disclosure) and wash with the atoning blood of Christ that the problem goes away. I can get advice from others who have faced similar problems (bearing one another's burdens) and put something in place to prevent my sin from burdening me again (cat). The longer I wait, the bigger the problem and the longer it takes to clean it up, but it is never, ever too late. Most importantly, I don't clean up the mess by myself. The Savior is right there helping me, giving suggestions, and sometimes just taking over when I'm too overwhelmed.

I plan to publish the collected works of my parables for my children. I have no doubt that my works will be sources of mock-fests for generations, but I just can't help myself.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: