Blog Archive

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Hong Kong Harbor

We arrived in Honk Kong today and the city is breathtaking! It looked like the plane was going to land in the ocean! Transportation in Hong Kong is the most amazing thing I've ever experienced. It is seamless. Seeing Dad in the train station with his name badge and backpack was awesome. He looks trim and happy and really tired. He got us home to the fancy schmancy hotel where Mom and Dad live where Mom had dinner waiting. It was like heaven to be with Mom and Dad eating Taco soup--talk about my comfort zone. Mom looks wonderful. I know she is in pain and very tired, but the energy of the city must me infusing her with superpower. I think that is the first thing I felt--a palpable energy as we walked along the harbor to see the laser light show. Mom and Dad's apartment is small, but so clean and efficient. It is inspiring to see how the Chinese use space so well and I like the lack of stuff and all the clean lines. I can't believe we are here.

No comments: