Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Beijing!

We have safely arrived in Beijing. To help ourselves stay awake until our NEW bedtime we went to the pearl market to try our hand at bartering. This is a hard task on a good day, but sleep-deprived we were all overwhelmed and over-stimulated. The boys were excited to get their Dr Dre headphones and Tony got a razor (I forgot his) and a pair of rip off sunglasses. We had our first authentic Chinese meal of delicious dumplings and Chinese broccoli. The smell of China was familiar, but there are way fewer bicycles than I remember. Being here makes me want to leave St John and travel the world with my kids. I love all the new sights and sounds and tastes. I love watching my boys take it all in.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: