Blog Archive

Thursday, June 23, 2011

summer arrives

In years past we have had our first ski of the summer on Tony's birthday in April. This year's weather was very uncooperative, but we did have the first ski on the first day of Summer. Tuesday was a perfect day. Rather spontaneouly we found ourselves at Cam and Jill's with a couple of rotissere chickens and cheese. Jill brought the bread and the watermelon and we spent a lovely evening watching the kids eat sand on the beach.

Yesterday I took the kids to the Delong's pool where they collected 170 tadpoles. I'm not sure what we are going to do with them, but it sure was fun to catch them.



Wilson was off to Youth Conference this morning bright and early. We helped the Winter's family pack the last of their things and sadly said goodbye. I envy their grand adventure, but not their cross country drive in a Penske truck.



My goal this summer is to do more of nothing. So far I'm doing pretty well. I spent an entire hour today playing foursquare with the kids. The garden is full of weeds and the floor is disgusting, but we sure had fun.

No comments: