Blog Archive

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

he loves me


I called Tony at 8:40 this morning and asked him to drop everything he was doing before a busy clinic day and come to the preschool room to take 4 year old blood pressures, listen to heartbeats and let them gaze up his nose and in his ears with an otoscope. Any sensible man would have declined, with good excuse, but not my sweetheart. He loves me and puts the kids and I and our silly requests top priority. I love that guy.

Last night I took the boys to a city council meeting. It was serious business. The council asked the boys if they had any concerns. Cooper raised his hand and said he thought he saw a kid smoking pot at school. Wilson seconded the motion, indicating that he also smokes cigarettes on MAIN STREET. The council respectfully took note. The mom rejoiced that we live in a town where the presence of a teenaged pothead-smoker merits time on the city council's agenda.

No comments: