Blog Archive

Sunday, August 30, 2009

august summary

House Update

The house is coming along. The dry-wallers are here making a lot of dust, but with actual walls the upstairs semi-resembles a livable domicile. I am starting to allow myself the smallest glimmer of hope that our household may someday be under control. I have learned a tremendous amount about construction and have much greater empathy for those who have undergone remodeling projects. And, most importantly, Cameron and I are still speaking.

Boat Update

The boat broke. Cameron (boat mechanic wannabe) fixed it. We took it to the youth activity. It broke again. Cameron (boat mechanic apprentice) fixed it again. Cameron took it to the lake. The boat was still broken. Cameron fixed it a third time (boat mechanic). The verdict is still out as to whether or not it will run. The saddest part of the story is that we have to sell the boat to pay for the remodel. This was a painful and difficult decision for me. I still have to repeat the words over and over, "It's just a boat." We are not selling the memories or good times on the boat. We've been mighty blessed to have it.

Anniversary

It's been 17 years. He drives me crazy, I make him nuts. We are really in love. What more can I say?

Silverwood

We took the kids to Silverwood on Thursday with the free tickets they had earned at school. I was dreading it like crazy, but it turned out to be a lovely day. The weather was perfect, the crowds were manageable and the Kolbs joined us. Cooper has turned into such a daredevil. It amazes me and I'm proud of him for conquering his fears. He also dropped $5.00 on the rigged carnival games and I had to bite my tongue off not to lecture him about wasted money. Eliza spent the day sleepwalking. We'd given her some allergy medication and it made her so sleepy she was like a walking zombie. Max loved the helicopter and Marcos was a really good sport all day. Tony loves roller coasters as much as I hate them. My kids are so lucky to have such a fun Dad.









Summer Failures

I officially failed at several things this summer: the yard, the garden and crafts with Eliza. I wish I could use the house remodel as an excuse but I'm just a loser doodeyhead in these areas. Eliza did make this darling doll with basically no help from me.

Last Friday Eliza and I spent a lovely night playing "Ghost in the Graveyard Can't Catch Me!" at the Dickersons. The moon and stars were out, the combines were harvesting on the hill and the night was warm. We live in a magical place. I hope Eliza remembers that night as happily as I will.

No comments: