Blog Archive

Sunday, November 9, 2008

happy 2nd mother's day


Today after church I came down the stairs to signs proclaiming, "Happy 2nd Mother's day!" Almond Joys were taped to the signs and five giggling children were raiding the cupboards for linens, silverware and good china. Finally I was allowed into the kitchen where a "fancy table" had been set up complete with goblets of Koolaid and colorful plastic plates on gold leafed chargers. I think the whole idea was Cooper's but everyone was in on the surprise. Tony walked in with just as we were saying prayer and the kid's excitement and happiness was palpable. I (carefully) pointed out to the kids how great it would be if we could keep this service feeling all the way to Christmas. I'm learning to relish these instances without guilt or reservation when they come because they are sporadic, unpredictable and fleeting. Max explained the whole thing when he said, "Mommy, I made you dinner because you love me so bad!"

2 comments:

andrea said...

These are the moments that make it all worth it! I love Wilson's apron.

Betina said...

This is so so so cute. Does this happen with all children when they grow up?

My favorite part is the plastic IKEA plate on Marcos' charger.

Max rocks.