Blog Archive

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

15 years

The anniversary of 15 years of marriage to an amazing man quietly passed last week without much celebration. My gift however, was a new canoe, in remembrance of one of our first dates at BYU. I still can't believe I invited Tony on an overnight trip with my canoe class way back in 1991. Last night was a perfectly still evening with just a taste of fall in the air. We took the canoe to Rock Lake and quietly paddled past jumping fish, a family of ducks and diving herons. It was amazing to see the underwater rock cliffs on the periphery of the lake and we enjoyed the most beautiful sunset. I know if Tony had been making the plans we would have been waterskiing on the perfect glass. I guess that is what I love most about my sweetheart; he consistently puts me before himself.  I look forward to many more canoe trips with that man. 

 I took the kids to Steptoe Butte for our annual summer hike. I was so proud of the kids, we made it nearly to the top. About halfway up we discovered that we were being pursued by 20 foot trolls who kept trying to blow us off the mountain. We hurried to the safety of the castlerock then walked right on top of the big black snake that wound around the Butte. Eliza found magical fairy powers that prevented the snake from smelling us and Cooper found the snake's heart near the top and killed it with his pocket knife. Once we had conquered the snake the trolls ran in fear and we chased them down the mountain back to our car where we feasted on cheese and crackers, grapes and lots of cookies. It was a really fun day with the kids. 

New pictures of the baby came today. He weighs 17 lbs at nine months-everything about him is tiny except for those gigantic brown eyes, ojos gigantes.

1 comment:

andrea said...

SEnd pictures of the baby! Happy Anniversary to you and Tony. I can't believe it's been 15 years!

I love your account of your hike. That's why you are the best mom I know.