Blog Archive

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Happy Birthday Tony














 April 27, 2024.  This was one the best birthdays that I have ever had.  One of my best friends, Jeff Barrow came down to join in the fun.

Friday April 26
 Jeff Arrived and the first thing we did is go to the Red Cliffs Temple to do inititory.  A beautiful way to start the weekend.  We then went to
    GODZILLA vs Kong: The New Empire and we ate  a mountain of very buttered popcorn.  Jeff is the only person that eats popcorn faster than I can.  I started worring that the popcorn would soon be gone so I had to up my game- sutlely and eat that popcorn as fast as Jeff.  The POPCORN was gone by the time the previews were over.  
Next, I learned two new things about Jeff. (1) He gets sleepy after he eats (2) He falls asleep with ANY CONTENTIOUS FIGHT SCENES - in fact Jeff's new name is Ghandi.  He avoids contention.  He primary way to avoid is soporific - a nap.  Each time I would look over he would lift he head up and act like he was watching, and then his head would nod back down.

Saturday April 27th
    Breakfast at The French Bakery - it was fantastic. Jeff confirmed that this was the real deal.  Perfect Pasteries
We stopped by Viva Chicken to get a pic for Jeff and for good luck with his chicken studies

    Mountain Biking
    When then went to pick up our full suspension mountain Trek Ebikes and went to Bear Claw Poppy and road for about 2 hours.  

    Pickeball
We next went to play pickleball - at the park near the St George Temple and played singles for a while and then played doubles with Joseph Hood and his sons and we then played doubles against a couple of young men who were fairly good.  However, we took them to the old man cleaners.  :).  
  
   Lunch
We next went out to Five Guys Burgers - and enjoyed a fantastic burger with great conversation.  We came home and we finished out the day by going to the Temple.  I went and filled my Saturday night assignment and he did a endownment session.

What a wonderful Birthday.  Jeff is such a kind empathetic person.  I could not have picked a more fun person to spend the day with.  I was so grateful to Jeff that he put up with me for 36 hours.

No comments: