Blog Archive

Friday, December 8, 2017

Happy Birthday Marcos



My baby just turned 11.  It’s hard for me to believe that 11 Year’s ago we got the news about a little boy in Guatemala.  I fell in love with you Guido when Ingot the phone call.  You didn’t want a birthday party this year, but we had one anyway.  All your friends came over and had a delicious Audrey cake and then we all went to the first basketball game.  It was a wonderful night and you were in pure joy of 5th grade boy silliness.  You are driving us crazy with the following phrases:  “no peas, your mom, or is it?”  You drive Max and Eliza to exasperation.  On the other hand, when your best buddy Joel’s dog died, you took all your birthday money and bought him a football to cheer him up.  When I asked you what you wanted for Christmas, you said you wanted to go to a basketball game with your brothers.  I pressed you a little further and you suggested that you would just like Wilson's water bill paid so he doesn’t get it shut off.  Sometimes your sweetness and innate compassion overwhelms me.  Your favorite activity is, hands-down, sports videos on the iPad, followed closely with books and basketball practice.  Dad and I love you so much and feel thankful every day that
when everyone else is gone, it’s you we get to end with.







No comments: